NYFC has established a partnership with the Office of Community and Public Health at the North Shore-LIJ, Walgreens Family of Companies, and The Academy to offer a summer vocational training program.
This program will provide you with the opportunity to:
- Develop skills, knowledge, and experiences in a professional environment
- Access professional development and explore potential career opportunities
- Participate in an internship to gain hands-on experience
- Identify and prepare for a possible career path in health care or retail
- Develop a one-to-one relationship with a mentor
To be eligible you must be:
- Between the ages of 20 and 24
- Currently or formerly in foster care in NYC
- Have at least a high school diploma or GED
- Eligible to work in the US (valid ID is required)
- Phase I –
- you will develop professional skills in a series of workshops developed by NSLIJ, Walgreens and FEGS. You are required to attend all sessions each week.
- NSLIJ workshops –
- Tuesdays, 9am-4pm. Transportation provided at 7:30am
- FEGS Bronx Youth Center
- Fridays, 9am-2pm, MetroCard provided
- Phase II –
- If you successfully complete Phase I of the program, you will be encouraged to apply and interview for a paid part-time internship. The internships will be 20 hours per week for 12 weeks, at a pay rate of $12 per hour. Or you may also apply for a scholarship to complete the New York State Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) training and certification.
Applications are due Friday, April 10, 2015.
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
To apply, click here.
Please email or fax your completed application to:
Catherine Hilyard, NYFC Youth Program Coordinator