New Yorkers For Children (NYFC) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide private resources to improve the lives of children in foster care in New York City and to increase the private sector’s awareness of child welfare issues. NYFC funds and develops programs that help older youth in foster care as they strive to become successful self-sufficient adults who have the capacity to sustain healthy and stable relationships.
NYFC is seeking a Program Manager to direct and implement NYFC’s educational and youth development programs and manage the grant-making activities including programmatic oversight and evaluation.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Program Management: Direct the NYFC Back-to-School Package program, Guardian Scholars program, Youth Advisory Board, Educational and Vocational conferences and other educational and youth development programs. Participate in the program evaluation process and report results and expenditures to external funders and NYFC’s Board of Directors.
* Grant Management: Manage the grant-making process and oversight of grants by working closely with NYFC’s Executive Director, Board of Directors and grantees.
* Performance Management, Administration and Capacity Building: Working with the Administrative Director, monitor portfolio of grants by using tools to report program outcomes and expenditures.
The successful candidate will take direction well, be self-motivated and a creative team player and will possess the following qualifications:
* 2-4 years of program and grant management experience; direct experience managing and developing youth development and education programs
* Knowledge of the NYC child welfare system
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and with a diverse group of stakeholders including NYFC’s Board, grantees, community-based partners, youth and donors
* Detail focused self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to take projects from assignment through completion
* Excellent oral and written communications skills
* MPA, MSW, or other relevant graduate degree is preferred
* Strong computer skills which must include Microsoft Office
To apply please submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with two (2) writing samples (no more than three pages each) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or New Yorkers For Children, 450 Seventh Avenue, Suite 403, New York, NY 10123.
No phone calls please.